Click below for a printable contract
Lancaster / Depew Heat Tournament & Travel Softball Agreement
Welcome to the Lancaster/Depew HEAT Tournament & Travel program. We hope that this experience will be both enjoyable and fulfilling for both player and parent. Please review the following rules and guidelines of our program, and be sure that you understand them before you and your daughter sign this form.
- All Tournament & Travel (T&T) players must fulfill all of the requirements of the League, including all applicable fees and service hours.
- Players on the first-year 10U Tournament/Travel team must participate on a Lancaster/Depew House team and attend at least ½ of the scheduled house games. At all other age levels, Travel players are encouraged to, but are not required to play house ball. In the event of schedule conflicts, T&T games take precedence over House League games; T&T practices take precedence over House practices; House League games take precedence over T&T practices.
- Although it is encouraged as much as possible, IT IS NOT REQUIRED that all participants will receive an equal amount of playing time. This is determined by the T&T manager, as his/her primary responsibility is to the team, and not the individual player.
- All participants are required to show a high level of commitment to their respective teams. Attendance at practices and games must be a priority of both player and parent. If a manger feels that they are not getting the required commitment and/or level of participation from the participant, they can suspend the player and eventually release her from the team if the situation is not remedied. There is no set requirement, and this is a decision made on a team-by-team basis, at the discretion of the T&T manager.
- Players that are on another T&T roster from an outside organization at the same time that they are on a Heat organization roster will be required to play for their Heat team in an instance in which both of the player’s teams are signed up to play in the same Lancaster Heat sponsored tournament. This provision can be waived with the approval of the player’s Heat manager.
- Parents are required to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours of service per season to the league. See detailed service requirement information on page two of this document.
- The cost to each participant will be decided by the T&T Committee. The League requires that each participant be responsible for the set fees established. These fees cover the cost of up to 4 outside tournaments (plus the cost of the L/D tournament), as well as all league fees, umpiring and insurance costs. See detailed fee schedule on page two of this document. Failure to adhere to the fee schedule may result in the suspension of your daughter from participation in team practices and/or games until you are again in compliance with the fee schedule. Should your daughter be released from her team for any reason, the amount of refund (if any) will be determined by the T&T Committee.
- The League expects to get at least 2 years use out of each uniform, so if you are ordering a uniform, especially in the younger ages, you are strongly encouraged to order it in a larger size, so as to take into consideration any anticipated growth. Players in their first year with our program will receive a FULL set of uniforms (Home and Away) at the expense of the League. Any subsequent uniforms outside of the league’s normal replenishment cycle for established players will be paid for by the parents.
- All parents and spectators must at all times, conduct themselves with good sportsmanship, and act in a responsible adult manner. Parents and spectators are expected to show proper respect to all players, coaches, umpires and fellow spectators. You must remember that children are watching your actions. When you are at a game or function, either locally or out of town, you are ambassadors of the Lancaster/Depew Ponytails. Failure to adhere to these proper conduct guidelines could result in the removal of your daughter from the Heat organization, depending on the severity of the violations.
- If a parent or player has a complaint or concern regarding any issues that develops during the year, they can contact the T&T Coordinator or any member of the Board of Directors in writing.
- Lancaster / Depew Heat Tournament & Travel Softball Agreement
- The T&T fee schedule is to be paid in 3 installments:
- Installment #1: $175 due upon signing (no later than August 31st). This is a non-refundable deposit to secure your daughter’s roster spot on her team.
- Installment #2: $200 due on October 31
- Installment #3: $200 due on March 1.
- Failure to adhere to the above fee schedule may result in the suspension of your daughter from participation in team practices and/or games until you are again in compliance with the fee schedule.
- First-year 10U players are also required to purchase a basic gear package upon joining the Heat program for uniformity purposes. Currently, that package cost is approximately $125.
- All checks should be made payable to Lancaster/Depew Ponytails.
- Parents are required to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours of service to the league per season. At least 2 of those 6 hours must be served at the concession stand.
- There is a $75 (this amount may change during off-season pending Board of Directors approval) Concession Stand Deposit that must be paid. This will be returned to you once you have worked your 2 hours at the concession stand.
- There is also a $150 Service Hours Deposit that must be paid at registration. This will be returned to you once you have worked your 4 service hours.
- You may also choose to take advantage of any of the following buyout options:
- $50 (this amount may change during off-season pending Board of Directors approval) to buy out of concessions only (2 hours)
- $150 to buy out of service hours only (4 hours)
- $200 to buy out of service hours (4 hours) AND concessions (2 hours)
- Service hours may be served at any of the following:
- House League Registration sessions (January)
- Lancaster/Depew Ponytails Spring Fundraiser (April)
- End of season Friday Night Bash (July)
- Spring Cleanup (April) or Fall Cleanup (September)
- Concession Stand (Tournaments or House League play)
Failure to commit to (schedule) your service obligation by May 1st may result in the suspension of your daughter from participation in team practices and/or games until such commitment is made.
Lancaster/Depew Ponytails Tournament & Travel Board
Player Signature __________________________________________________ Date: __________________
Parent Signature __________________________________________________ Date: __________________
Coach’s Signature ___________________________________________________ Date: __________________
- The T&T fee schedule is to be paid in 3 installments: